Lemon Lentil Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
1/8 - 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
¼ cup olive or grape seed oil (grape seed oil will have a more neutral flavour)
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 handful fresh parsley, chopped (mint or dill are also great)
1 19-oz. can lentils, rinsed and drained
1. To make the vinaigrette add the lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper into a small jar with a lid (baby food jar will do) and shake until combined. Taste and adjust our seasoning. You can also just whisk everything together in a small bowl.
2. Now add the oil, put the lid on tight, and shake again. Set aside.
3. Add the lentils to a small bowl, mix in the mint and pour the dressing over top. Stir to combine.
4. Serve immediately or store in the fridge, it will keep well for a day.
5. ** This also makes a great salad dressing but you may want to use the smaller amount of lemon juice to keep the tartness mellow. Beans or lentils will absorb more of the dressing so I like to use the higher amount of lemon.