Lemon Ricotta Pie
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
tsp lemon zest
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp MarsalaFilling
2 cup ricotta cheese
6 Tbsp 35% cream
½ cup sugar
1 Tbsp Marsala
2 tsp lemon zest
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp almond extract
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup amaretti biscuitsTo Assemble
1. For crust, combine flour, sugar, salt, lemon zest and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the dough takes on an even crumbly texture, with some bits of butter still visible. Whisk Marsala and egg yolk and add to flour mixture. Combine just until dough comes together. Shape into a disc, wrap and chill for an hour.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼-inch thick and line an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and cinch edges. Chill dough while preparing filling.
3. For filling, place ricotta, cream, eggs, sugar, Marsala, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract in a bowl. Sift flour over top and blend. Place amaretti biscuits into a tea towel and crush. Sprinkle amaretti crumbs over chilled pastry shell. Spoon filling into pastry shell and spread evenly. Chill for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place pie on a baking tray and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours minutes, until firm to the touch in the centre. Turn off the oven and crack the oven door. Leave pie in until oven is cool.
5. Cool completely before slicing.
6. Yield: 1 9-inch pie. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site