Lemon Ripple Ice Cream
- serves 0
Make your own fun with this terrific recipe for lemon ripple ice cream! Cool and colourful, this dish is easy to make and will have tasters asking for more.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 ⅔ cup sugar
3 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
4 large eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
1 tsp cornstarchIce Cream
1 300 mL tin sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp instant skim milk powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cup 2% milk
½ cup whipping cream
1 cup Lemon Curd, chilled
1. For the lemon curd, melt the butter, sugar and lemon zest in a saucepot over medium heat until the butter melts fully (the sugar will not dissolve at this point). Whisk the eggs lemon juice and cornstarch together and whisk this into the pot. Continue to whisk the curd over medium heat until it thickens and just begins to bubble, about 8 minutes. Pour this through a strainer and cover the surface of the curd with plastic wrap. Cool the curd to room temperature, then chill completely.Ice Cream
1. For the ice cream, whisk the condensed milk with the skim milk powder and vanilla. Whisk in the milk and whipping cream until smooth.
2. Pour the ice cream into an ice cream maker following manufacturer’s instructions and churn until almost set. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large tip with the lemon curd.
3. During the last minute of churning, quickly pipe in the lemon curd through the top of the ice cream maker and stop the machine before the curd becomes fully blended into the ice cream. Scrape the ice cream into a container and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, before scooping to serve.
4. The ice cream will keep for about 2 weeks.