- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 16
1 cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup cornmeal
4 Tbsp icing sugar
½ cup unsalted butterFilling
4 whole egg
2 egg yolk
1 ⅓ cup sugar
4 Tbsp whipping cream or buttermilk
½ cup lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp baking powderTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and butter and line the bottom of a 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, salt, cornmeal and icing sugar. Cut in butter until the texture of coarse meal (dough will be crumbly).
3. Press dough into pan and bake for 15-18 minutes, until it just begins to colour around the edges. Allow to cool.Filling
1. Whisk together all ingredients for filling until smooth and pour over crust.
2. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until set and a crust is visible on top of the squares.
3. Allow to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, then chill for at least 2 hours.To Assemble
1. Cut squares and serve, dusted with icing sugar.