Lemon Thumbprint Cookies
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 24
1 cup butter, room temperature
½ cup sugar
2 egg yolk
2 Tbsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cornmeal
2 ½ cup all purpose flour
4 Tbsp pistachios
walnuts, finely chopped
3/10 cup lemon marmaladeTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg yolks, zest and juice.
3. Combine salt, cornmeal and flour in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture and blend.
4. Shape teaspoonfuls of cookie dough into balls and dip bottoms into chopped nuts.
5. Place onto a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet, leaving one inch between cookies. Press centers of cookies down using your thumb and bake for 15-18 minutes.To Assemble
1. While warm, fill centres with little dollops of marmalade. For chewier cookies, fill centres with marmalade before baking.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site