- prep time 10 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 4
1 cooked Peking Duck, store bought, meat and bones separated
8 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 bay leaves
1 carrot, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
½ cup red lentils, rinsed and drained
3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ bunch chives, cut into ½ inch pieces
1. Shred duck meat and set aside for Duck Sandwich, reserve 1 cup for soup garnish.
2. Place chicken stock and duck bones in a large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce stock to a simmer, skim impurities and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Place olive oil in a large pot over medium to high heat. Add onions and garlic, sauté until tender. Add bay leaf, carrot and celery, sauté for approximately 2 minutes until carrots and celery are slightly tender.
5. Strain stock into a pot and bring up to a boil.
6. Add lentils and reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Season Lentil Soup with salt and pepper and garnish with shredded duck meat, tomatoes and chives.