Lobster and Wasabi-Crusted Snapper
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 Tbsp of wasabi paste
3 Tbsp of saikyo white miso
½ cup of fresh sugar peas, shelled and blanched (substitute: edamame)
1 Tbsp of sugar
1 tsp of ground cardamom
1 pod of fresh vanilla
2 Tbsp of mirin
1 Tbsp of minced cilantroThe Snapper
4 Snapper fillets, skin removed
Salt and PepperThe Lobster Crust
6 oz of lobster meat
1 Tbsp of cilantro
1 Tbsp of minced chives
1 tsp of shrimp paste
1 tsp of toasted white sesame seeds
1 tsp of fish sauce
¼ cup of panko (Japanese bread crumbs)Coconut Froth
2 Tbsp of peanut oil
2 Tbsp of chopped lemongrass
2 Tbsp of minced ginger
2 Tbsp of minced shallot
1 Tbsp of minced garlic
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 fresh large red chili, minced
2 Tbsp of lemon
12 oz of coconut milk
1. Place all the ingredients inside of a blender and pulse to a puree or mash-like consistency. Place into a bowl and set aside.The Snapper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degreees.
2. Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper, and sear at medium to high heat in a non-stick skillet pan (about 3-4 minutes).
3. Once the snapper has caramelized, flip the fillets over and apply the wasabi marinade (on the now cooked side). Place in the oven for 5 minutes.The Lobster Crust
1. Mix all crust ingredients in a bowl and place the lobster crust on top of the oven–cooked snapper. Switch your oven to broil and place the lobster crusted snapper back into the oven for 5-6 minutes.Coconut Froth
1. Place the peanut oil in a medium saucepan at medium to high heat. Add all the ingredients except for the coconut milk.
2. Once the garlic has caramelized, add the coconut milk and reduce until sauce can coat the back of a spoon. Adjust seasoning with salt and lemon juice for your own palate.
3. Once sauce had reduced (12-15 minutes), strain through a sieve and using a stick blender, froth until foaming.
4. Spoon around your snapper and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site