Mac and Cheese
- prep time 0 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 6
1 zucchini, diced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 peeled sweet potato, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups milk
¼ cup all purpose flour
2 cups shredded light old cheddar style cheese
4 ounces light cream cheese
½ teaspoon dry mustard
½ teaspoon thyme
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
5 cups Scoobi-Do pasta
5 cups fusilli pastaTopping
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degree C).
2. In bowl, toss zucchini, red pepper and potato with oil; spread on lightly greased baking sheet.
3. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whisk 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the milk with flour.
5. In saucepan, heat remaining milk over medium heat until bubbles appear around edge; whisk in flour mixture and bring to boil, whisking.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Whisk in Cheddar and cream cheeses, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper until smooth.
9. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or until just tender.
10. Drain and return to pot; stir in sauce and vegetables.
11. Spoon into greased 8 cup (2L) casserole.Topping
1. Combine crumbs, butter and Parmesan; sprinkle over pasta.
2. Bake for 10 minutes or until bubbling and golden.