Macho Nacho Dip
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 15
1 can (19 oz / 540 ml) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup light sour cream (5%)
2 Tbsp reduced-sodium taco seasoningSecond Layer: Easy Peasy Guaca
1 cup frozen green sweet peas, thawed
1 can diced green chiles
3 large avocados
1 ½ Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tsp minced garlic
3/10 cup minced red onions
1 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro
1 ½ tsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
¼ tsp salt
⅒ tsp freshly ground black pepperThird Layer: Dreamy and Creamy
1 cup light sour cream (3% to 5%)
1 pkg (8 oz / 250 g) Philadelphia Brand Light Garden Vegetable Cream CheeseFourth Layer: Everybody Salsa!
2 cup medium salsa
1 tsp minced fresh cilantroFifth Layer: Cheesy Decoration
1 cup packed grated light old (sharp) cheddar cheese (4 oz / 120 g)
1 ½ cup chopped iceberg lettuce
3/10 cup minced red bell pepper
¼ cup chopped green onions
2 Tbsp minced black olives (optional)
1. Place beans, sour cream and taco seasoning in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of 8 x 11 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate with plastic wrap while you make second layer.Second Layer: Easy Peasy Guaca
1. Place peas and green chiles (with their liquid) in the bowl of a mini food processor and puree until completely smooth. Set aside.
2. Peel and pit avocados and place pieces in a large bowl. Toss with lime juice and garlic. Mash well using a potato masher. Add pureed peas and all remaining ingredients and mix well. Spread evenly over bean layer. Cover and refrigerate while you make third layer.Third Layer: Dreamy and Creamy
1. In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream and cream cheese until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over guacamole.Fourth Layer: Everybody Salsa!
1. Mix salsa and cilantro in a small bowl. Spread salsa over cream cheese layer.Fifth Layer: Cheesy Decoration
1. Sprinkle grated cheddar evenly over salsa. Top with chopped lettuce, followed by red pepper, green onions and black olives (if using). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving. Serve with multigrain nacho chips.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site