Mae Baird's Rum Balls
- prep time 1 min
- total time 5 min
- serves 14
4 oz semisweet chocolate, coarsely, chopped
1 1 g package chocolate wafer cookie
2 ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
2 ¼ cup finely chopped pecan
3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
3/10 cup rum
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, heat semisweet chocolate, stirring occasionally, until melted.
2. Set aside and let cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, chop wafers to make about 2-1/3 cups (575 mL) fine crumbs.
4. Transfer to large bowl.
5. Add 1 cup (250 mL) of the walnuts, condensed milk, rum and vanilla; stir in chocolate.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
7. Shape mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls (5 mL) into balls.
8. Roll in remaining walnuts to coat.
9. Make ahead: Refrigerate layered between waxed paper in airtight container for up to two weeks).
10. Yield: 70 pieces
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site