Manchego Cheesecake Batter
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
1 kg. cream cheese
250 g sugar
2 Tbsp icing sugar
200 g Manchego cheese, finely gratedSherry Vinegar Glaze
2 cup sherry vinegar
1 cup white sugar
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed
4 raspberriesTo Finish
fresh basil, picked
1. Mix finely grated cheese and sugars on speed 1 (lowest speed) of a tabletop mixer for 3 minutes. After mixing, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add cream cheese and mix for a further 3 minutes. After mixing, scrape down sides of the bowl.
3. Add eggs in twos (three parts), mixing for 3 minutes and scraping down the bowl between each addition.
4. Steam the mixture at 85ºC for 1 hour.
5. Purée mixture while still warm and allow to set for 2 hours in the fridge.Sherry Vinegar Glaze
1. Bring vanilla sugar and balsamic to a boil and reduce until syrupy (about 3 to 5 minutes). Remove vanilla pod.
2. Add whole fresh raspberries, cover and let cool, strain and reserve.To Finish
1. Spoon a tablespoons worth of cheesecake on a plate and finish with a light drizzle of sherry vinegar glaze and a few pieces of picked fresh basil.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site