Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 12
2 ¾ cup cake flour, sifted
1 Tbsp baking powder
½ cup vegetable oil
4 cup maple syrup, reduced down to 2 cups
3 eggs, at room temperature
1 cup milk
3 tsp natural maple extract
5 strips Applewood bacon, cooked and chopped
4 cup confectioners' sugar
6 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
3. Beat the eggs until they are light & fluffy. Slowly add the vegetable oil and reduced maple syrup until combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients and beat well until combined. Beat in milk and 1 teaspoon maple extract until combined. Fold in bacon.
5. Divide your batter evenly among your muffin cups using an ice cream scooper, filling each to 3/4 full. Bake your cupcakes until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 20 minutes.
6. Transfer tins to wire cooling racks and cool completely before removing cupcakes from pans.
7. While the cupcakes cool, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy.
8. Beat in confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time until fully incorporated.
9. Add maple syrup and remaining maple extract. Beat until combined and fluffy.
10. Frost the cooled cupcakes, sprinkle with sea salt, and garnish with a piece of bacon.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site