tsp prepared garlic
tsp rosemary leaves
boneless, skinless chicken breasts(675g)
green onions, cut
cup maple syrup
Tbsp apple cider vinegar
cup dried cranberries
cup frozen broccoli florets (450g)
tsp Mrs. Dash Table Blend seasoning
cup basmati or white rice
1. Melt butter in frying pan on medium heat.
2. Add garlic.
3. Place flour, salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl or plastic bag.
4. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture and brown in pan on both sides.
5. Add green onions and mushrooms to pan
6. Mix together maple syrup, vinegar and water.
7. Pour over chicken once chicken is browned.
8. Sprinkle cranberries around chicken pieces.
9. Reduce heat to a high simmer for 20 minutes. (Check chicken frequently to make sure the liquid isn’t evaporating too much. Add a little water at a time if it is. It should be a little saucy)
10. Place broccoli in a microwave-safe pot. Cover and microwave at high for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave, stir in spice and let stand.
11. Reheat broccoli an additional 2 minutes when rice and chicken are done.
12. Combine rice and water in a microwave-safe pot or casserole.
13. Cover and let stand in microwave until timer rings for chicken.
14. When timer rings, reduce heat for chicken to a low simmer.
15. Microwave rice at high for 10 minutes, then at medium for 10 minutes.
16. When timer rings for rice both the chicken and rice are ready. Remove rice from microwave and let stand while you set the table.