Maple Pecan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- prep time 20 min
- total time 70 min
- serves 8
4 uniform sized sweet potaotes (1.5 kg)
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup cream cheese softened
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
½ cup (50 g) coarsely chopped pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Rub all sides with olive oil.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place sweet potato halves, cut sides down, on lined sheet.
4. Bake on middle rack of oven 30 minutes, until knife can pierce easily.
5. Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Cool down for easier handling.
6. Use spoon to scoop flesh from sweet potato halves, leaving 1/4-inch thick “lining” in “shells”.
7. Use potato masher or back of wooden spoon to blend sweet potato flesh with cream cheese, maple syrup and butter. Fill sweet potato shells with mixture.
8. Top with pecan pieces. Continue baking in 400 F oven 15 minutes, until hot.