Maple Pork & Fresh Pears on a Bagel
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
A delicious BBQ'd sandwich from Matt Dunigan that's perfect for a spring or summer lunch.
Matt Dunigan Road Grill
½ cup apple cider (125 ml)
2 tsp ginger minced (10 ml)
2 tsp garlic minced (10 ml)
2 sprig fresh rosemary
1 small onion minced
Zest of 2 limesBasting Sauce
½ cup maple syrup (125 ml)
2 lemons juiced
Splash of apple cider
salt and pepperMaple Pork & Fresh Pears on a
2 pork tenderloins (silver skin removed)
2 Bosc pears
Oil for the grill
8 fresh bagels with sesame seeds
½ cup cream cheese
1. Place the pork tenderloin in a sealable plastic bag.
2. In a medium bowl combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
3. Pour the marinade over the pork, ensuring the meat is well coated.
4. Place the bag in the refrigerator to marinade for 6 hours.
5. Remove pork from marinade and place on a tray.
6. Combine all ingredients for the basting sauce in a small bowl.
7. Peel and core the pears and cut into 1 inch wedges.
8. Preheat barbeque to medium high heat (400°F/200°C). Leave one side of the barbeque off and slide a drip pan underneath that grill.
9. Oil grill.
10. Place the pork down to sear on the hot side of the barbeque. Allow to cook without moving for 2-3 minutes or until lightly caramelized. Flip and continue to sear until golden all over.
11. Move the pork to the side of the barbeque without the direct heat.
12. Baste the tenderloin with the prepared sauce.
13. Continue to cook, with the lid down, for a further 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
14. Remove from grill and tent with foil. Allow the pork to rest.
15. Assemble bagel sandwiches with cream cheese, pears and sliced pork.