Maple Soy Salmon with Couscous and Asparagus
- prep time 15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
1 cup water
1 ¼ cups chicken stock
Always check your package directions for the proper liquid amounts.
½ teaspoon prepared garlic
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1 ½ cups couscous
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless salmon filets (approx 6 oz. / 170 g each)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning
20-24 asparagus spears (approx 1 lb / 450 g)
1 tablespoon salsa
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Bring water, chicken stock, garlic, curry and parsley to a boil in a stove-top pot.
2. Add couscous to pot, stir until well combined, cover tightly and remove from heat.
3. Heat oil in a large stove top fry pan at med-high heat.
4. Place salmon in pan.
5. Drizzle with soy sauce and maple syrup.
6. Sprinkle with spice.
7. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8. Rinse asparagus under cold water in a colander. Break off woody end nodes and discard.
9. Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole with lid.
10. Microwave at high 4 minutes.
11. Add butter if you must.
12. Toss then let stand.
13. Turn salmon filets, cover, and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
14. Add salsa and cilantro into couscous and stir.