Maple Syrup and Bourbon-Glazed BBQ Salmon
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves NULL
8 (6 oz) salmon fillets (1” thick) preferrably with skin on
Cooking spray (for broiler/BBQ rack)Marinade
1 cup maple syrup or brown sugar, packed
6 Tbsp bourbon
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ tsp Pepper
1. To Marinate: Combine maple syrup, bourbon, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, pepper and garlic in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add salmon fillets, seal bag and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes, turning the bag once. Remove fillets from bag and set aside the marinade. DO NOT MARINATE FOR LONGER THAN 30 MINUTES
2. Preheat BBQ, broiler, or oven to 400°F
3. To BBQ or broil: Place fillets skin side down on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 11 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. To roast: Line a baking dish with tin foil or parchment paper. Place fish skin side down in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes or so, until fish flakes easily.
5. In the meantime: bring the rest of the marinade to a boil in a small saucepan on medium high heat on top of stove. Reduce to a little more than half. Allow to simmer while fish is cooking. Use to baste fish and serve as sauce.Marinade
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site