Mashed Butternut Squash with Yogurt and Roasted Garlic
- prep time 20 min
- total time 80 min
- serves 6 servings
1 butternut squash (about 500 g)
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 fresh sage leaves
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 small head local garlic
1 tablespoon (15 mL) + 1 teaspoon (5 mL) olive oil
fresh ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons (30 mL) Oikos 2% plain Greek yogurt
salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise.
3. Place the squash halves, flesh side up, in a roasting pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Place the rosemary, sage, and thyme on the flesh of the squash, add a little pepper and drizzle with 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil.
5. Place the entire garlic bulb (with skin) on a piece of aluminum foil.
6. Drizzle with 1 tsp. (5 ml) of olive oil. Close and tightly seal the aluminum foil over the garlic bulb.
7. Cook the garlic in the preheated oven for 45 minutes and the squash for 60 minutes, or until you can easily pierce it with the tip of a knife.
8. Upon removing the squash from the oven, remove and discard the herbs that covered it, and then scoop out its flesh with a spoon. Place in a food processor.
9. Press the roasted garlic bulb with your fingers, then add its flesh to the squash.
10. Add the yogurt and purée until smooth.
11. Salt to taste and serve.