Massaged Kale Salad Recipe with Apple and Dates
- prep time 15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 2
1 bunch kale leaves
½ teaspoon salt
2 medjool dates
1 teaspoon splash olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
freshly ground pepper
1. Wash the kale and spin or pat it dry.
2. Remove the stems and discard.
3. Chop the kale into thin strips about 1/4-1/2" long and put in a bowl.
4. Sprinkle with the salt and massage with your hands for 1-2 minutes.
5. The kale should start to release a green liquid.
6. Allow to sit for a few minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
7. Wash the apple and chop it into thin slices.
8. Remove the seeds from the dates and cut into quarters lengthwise.
9. Chop pieces into 1/4" bite size morsels.
10. Using a paper towel squeeze any excess liquid out of the kale and transfer to a salad bowl, toss with the apple slices and quartered dates.
11. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and season with pepper.
12. Taste and correct by adding a touch more salt, pepper or vinegar if needed.