Matt Dunigan's Pizza Salad Sandwich
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
2 pounds pizza dough
2 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
2 cups grated provolone cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Flour and rolling pinSalad
3 cups mesculine lettuce
½ cup fresh basil leaves torn
½ cup sliced red onion
1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
OR Premade balsamic dressingTo Assemble
1. Divide the dough into 6 equal sized pieces. Roll them into round balls with your hands.
2. Lightly dust a wooden board, a clean baking tray and your rolling pin with flour.
3. Roll out each piece of dough into 5 inch circles. Place them on the dusted tray.
4. Brush the pizza dough with garlic oil.
5. In a medium bowl combine both cheeses.
6. Being pizza dough and bowl of cheese to bbq.
7. Preheat grill moderate high heat (450°-475°F) (232°C-245°C).
8. Oil the grill to help prevent sticking.
9. Place the rounds of dough directly on the grill oil side down.
10. Close the lid and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes or until the dough has puffed and the bottom is golden brown.
11. Brush the other side with garlic oil.
12. Flip the dough and cook the other side. Quickly brush the cooked side of the dough with garlic oil and sprinkle with both cheeses.
13. Close the lid of the barbeque and continue to cook until the bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted and golden brown gooey.
14. Remove from the grill.
15. Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and drizzle with balsamic dressing or balsamic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
16. Place the salad on top of the pizza and fold over.
17. Cut into 2 wedges.
18. Serve and enjoy.