- prep time30 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4
This Italian sauce is boldly flavored and so simple to make. It can transform salmon, even steak. Only 370 calories per serving.
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, washed and quartered
3 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
3 branch fresh rosemary, or 1 teaspoon dried
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterfliedSalsa Verde
1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 cup mint leaves, chopped
2 cup basil, chopped
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 Tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
4 anchovy fillets, soaked, chopped
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
⅒ tsp freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
coarse sea salt, to tasteServing Suggestion
Sauteed Cherry tomatoes (1 Pint)
1 Tbsp oil
2 whole garlic cloves
Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
1. In a large plastic sealable bag, squeeze the juice from the lemons and add the lemon. Add all the remaining ingredients, seal carefully and massage the marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or even overnight.
2. Note: you can freeze the chicken in the marinade as well.
3. Lightly spray a stovetop cast iron griddle or pan with or lightly oil and heat over medium high heat until smoking.
4. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat off excess marinade.
5. Place the chicken on the griddle and cook about 2-3 minutes per side. Turn the chicken and cook 2 more minutes, until cooked through.
6. Place on platter and top with Salsa Verde or serve alongside.Salsa Verde
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until serving. Refrigerate if made earlier in the day and remove an hour or so before serving.Serving Suggestion
1. Heat oil in small sauté pan, add garlic and tomatoes and splash of balsamic vinegar – crush lightly with a wooden spoon. Serve immediately.
2. Note: You can prepare this dish with salmon instead of chicken.