Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
2 cup instant couscous (365 g)
2 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cup small zucchini cubes
2 cup small eggplant cubes
2 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 large roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice
1 English cucumber, seeded and finely cubed
1 cup pitted Kalamata olives (196 g)
7 oz Greek feta cheese, crumbled (200 g)
3 T finely chopped Italian parsley
3 T finely chopped fresh mint
½ cup red wine vinegar (125 ml)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil (250 ml)
Salt and pepper
1. Put the couscous in a heat proof bowl, pour the boiling water over it, stir with a fork and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Set the bowl aside until needed – the couscous must be left for a minimum of 5 minutes.
2. Heat the 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a heavy sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the zucchini and eggplant and season. Saute for several minutes or until the vegetables are starting to become tender. Add the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds. Remove the vegetables from the pan to a baking sheet and spread out to cool quickly.
3. Uncover the couscous and dump it into a large bowl. Using a fork, break the couscous grains up. Add the zucchini and eggplant, roasted red pepper, English cucumber, olives, feta and herbs and toss.
4. Pour the red wine vinegar into a small bowl and slowly whisk in the extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste and pour the dressing over the salad. Toss the salad with the dressing and season to taste prior to serving.
5. The salad is best served just after it is made, ingredients can be prepared in advance but the salad should be assembled at the last minute.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site