- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 11
1 cup olive oil
6 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp brandy
3 ¾ cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp baking sodaSyrup
2 cup Greek amber honey
2 cup sugar
2 cup water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cup chopped walnuts for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together first 4 ingredients. Sift flour, baking powder, cloves, and baking soda 3 times.
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the oil mixture and knead gently.
4. Pinch off 2 1/2 tbsp. portions of dough and form into little flat oblongs (football shapes). Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2-inches apart.
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.Syrup
1. Boil honey, sugar, water, and cinnamon for 5 minutes.
2. Pour syrup over hot melomakarona cookies.
3. Allow to soak for 15 minutes, take them out of the syrup and place on large plate.
4. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts.