- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 11
1 cup olive oil
6 Tbsp sugar
6 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp brandy
3 ¾ cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp baking sodaSyrup
2 cup Greek amber honey
2 cup sugar
2 cup water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cup chopped walnuts for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together first 4 ingredients. Sift flour, baking powder, cloves, and baking soda 3 times.
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the oil mixture and knead gently.
4. Pinch off 2 1/2 tbsp. portions of dough and form into little flat oblongs (football shapes). Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2-inches apart.
5. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.Syrup
1. Boil honey, sugar, water, and cinnamon for 5 minutes.
2. Pour syrup over hot melomakarona cookies.
3. Allow to soak for 15 minutes, take them out of the syrup and place on large plate.
4. Sprinkle with finely chopped walnuts.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site