Melted Chocolate and Brie Tarts
- prep time20 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 4
Try this delectable flavour combination of dark chocolate and Canadian Brie.
3 Tbsp (45 mL) unsalted butter
⅔ cup (150 mL) Graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped hazelnuts
1 ½ Tbsp (22 mL) sugar
¼ lb(s) (125 g) Canadian Brie, rind removed, sliced
⅓ cup (75 mL) whipping (35%) cream
3 oz (90 g) semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp (15 mL) hazelnut liqueur
Powdered cocoa, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a microwave-proof bowl, melt butter. Add Graham cracker crumbs, hazelnuts and sugar; stir until smooth.
3. Press mixture into 4 tart pans with removable bottoms, or large ramekins (4 1/4 inches/11 cm in diameter). Bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, heat cream until steam starts to form. Pour hot cream over chocolate and whisk until smooth. Chocolate must melt completely. Add liqueur and stir. Keep at room temperature.
5. When tart shells are done, remove from oven and immediately cover bottoms with cheese, letting it melt.
6. Pour chocolate mixture over melted cheese and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before unmoulding and serving. To unmould easily, run a knife around inner edge of tart moulds to detach tarts. Cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.