Mexican Cheeseburgers with Veggies and Mexican Dip
- prep time 20 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
1 pound or 450 g washed baby carrots
3 stalks celery, cut into sticks
1 red pepper, cut in strips
1 yellow pepper, cut in strips
1 head of broccoli, cut into pieces
1 ripe avocado
¼ cup salsa (60 mL)
Dash of salt and pepper
2 pounds or 900 g lean ground beef
¼ teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons chili powder (10 mL)
1 teaspoon cumin powder (5 mL)
1 teaspoon Hot chili sauce (5 mL)
1 cup grated cheddar condiments you like to have with hamburgers (250 mL)
8 whole wheat hamburger buns
Option: sliced tomatoes, olives and nacho chips for dipping.
1. Preheat BBQ to 350 F (medium or 175 C).
2. Jeremy’s easy home made guacamole… In a small bowl mash an avocado and blend in salsa. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside in fridge.
3. Meanwhile… Combine the following in a large bowl in this order: ground beef, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, and hot chili sauce.
4. Form into patties and grill on BBQ. Close lid.
5. Cook each side 5 to 10 minutes or until center is well cooked. Meat thermometer should read 180 F (82 C).
6. Meanwhile… Grate cheese. Pull out condiments, salsa and guacamole.
7. When burgers are just about ready, top with cheddar until melted.
8. Serve on hamburger buns.