- prep time 0 min
- total time 45 min
- serves 6
4 pounds beef, short, ribs
1 ⅔ cups coffee
1 cup fancy molasses
⅔ cup cider vinegar
½ cup tomato, paste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
2. In large pot, cover ribs with cold water; bring to boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until fork-tender; drain and transfer to 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish.
4. In saucepan, combine coffee, molasses, vinegar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, salt, allspice and hot pepper sauce; bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and boil gently for 15 minutes or until reduced to 2 2/3 cups (650 mL).
6. Pour over ribs, turning to coat; let cool.
7. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or for up to 24 hours.
8. Cover dish tightly with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
9. Turn ribs and bake, uncovered and basting occasionally, for 45 minutes or until meat almost falls off bone and sauce is thickened.