Miami Short Rib Sandwich with Smoked Gouda
- prep time130 min
- total time 140 min
- serves 10
Be sure to make extra when trying out this delicious recipe! Brought to you by Dairy Farmers of Canada
⅓ cup (80 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
⅓ cup (80 ml) mirin (sweet rice wine)
⅓ cup (80 ml) seasoned rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp (15 ml) liquid honey
1 tsp (5 ml) hot sauce
3 lb(s) (1.5 Kg) Miami-cut short ribs, * ¼? (6 mm) thick
2 cup Canadian Smoked Gouda, gratedDry Rub
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) brown sugar
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) paprika
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) garlic powder
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) oregano
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) ground cumin
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) thyme
1 ½ tsp (7 ml) dry mustard
¼ tsp (1 ml) kosher salt
1 Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)Tip
1. Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Marinate ribs at least 2 hours. Mix ingredients for the dry rub.
2. Fire up charcoal or preheat gas grill to medium-high – 350°F (180°C). Shake off excess marinade and press dry rub mixture onto meat. Place ribs on grill and cook about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
3. Cut each baguette in half lengthwise. Remove bones from meat and discard. Pile meat high on bottom halves and top with cheese. Replace tops and cut each into five pieces.
4. *Miami-cut short ribs are thinly cut beef ribs.Tip
1. Cheese alternatives: Canadian Smoked Mozzarella, Smoked Havarti.