Mini Chicken Tacos With Spicy Papaya Mojo
- prep time1 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
Try these deliciously sweet and spicy chicken tacos perfect for sharing.
2 boneless chicken, breasts, skinned
½ small chipotle chili, soaked in hot water
½ tsp cumin, seed
2 Tbsp fresh coriander
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 8 inch flour tortilla
2 8 inch corn tortillaSpicy Papaya Mojo
1 small ripe papaya, peeled, seeded, and, diced
1 red onion, finely, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
½ lime, juice of
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
½ tsp fresh jalapeno, chopped
¼ tsp saltAssembly
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Rub chicken with the chipotle chilli, cumin seed, coriander and salt and pepper.
3. Heat vegetable oil over high heat in a skillet.
4. Sear chicken for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
5. Remove pan from heat and transfer chicken to a roasting pan.
6. Finish cooking chicken in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
7. Cool chicken. Dice into small chunks and reserve.Spicy Papaya Mojo
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine half of all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
3. Combine with remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Cover and chill until ready to use
5. Adjust seasoning before serving.Assembly
1. Cut 4-2 ½ inch circles from each tortilla with a round cookie cutter.
2. Fold them over to create a half moon shape and then lay them side-by-side in a small loaf pan so they hold their shape.
3. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until crisp and golden.
4. Cool and fill with chicken and toppings.