Mini Honey Cakes with Candied Pecans and Warm Pears
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
¾ cup pasteurized honey
¼ cup strong coffee, at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cup pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup raisinsGlaze
1 ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp bourbonCandied Pecans
1 cup pecan halves
2 Tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp ground black pepperWarm Pears
3 Bartlett pears
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
2 Tbsp honey
½ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp pear brandy or lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease and sugar 6 mini-bundt pans.
2. Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey, coffee and vanilla until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture in 2 additions, stirring gently to incorporate. Stir in raisins and spoon batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Allow cakes to cool for 20 minutes, then turn them out to cool completely.
5. Glaze and serve with Candied Pecans and Warm Pears.Glaze
1. For glaze, stir icing sugar and bourbon together and drizzle over cakes. Let set for 30 minutes and glaze will firm up.Candied Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. Toss pecans with maple syrup and black pepper and spread onto baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Allow to cool before using.Warm Pears
1. Peel and slice pears. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat and stir in brown sugar and honey until bubbling. Stir in sliced pears, cinnamon and remove from heat before adding pear brandy or lemon juice. Return to heat until bubbling, then spoon onto plates to serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site