Mini White Chocolate Brownies with Hazelnut Sour Cream
- serves 24
Baking these brownies in individual tins and serving them with a hazelnut sour cream transforms these simple weekday treats into a rich dessert for your guests.
⅓ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup walnut pieces, (optional), lightly toasted
icing sugar, for dustingHazelnut Sour Cream
½ cup chocolate hazelnut spread
2 Tbsp sugar
¾ cup sour creamTo Assemble
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Butter and flour a mini-muffin tin.
3. Over a pot of simmering water, melt butter halfway. Add white chocolate and stir until melted. Allow to cool to room temperature.
4. In a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or with an electric mixer), whip eggs, sugar and vanilla until pale and thick. Reduce speed to medium and add chocolate mixture.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt and stir into egg mixture. Stir in dried cranberries and walnuts and spoon into prepared pan.
6. Bake 18-25 minutes.Hazelnut Sour Cream
1. Cream chocolate hazelnut spread in a bowl and stir in sugar. Add sour cream and mix until blended.
2. Spread onto brownies or leave on the side.To Assemble
1. Cut and serve brownies as needed. Dust with icing sugar.