Cheesecakes can be arduous, but this miniature version is a cinch. Each nibble of this luxury dish will be totally savoured. From the butter cookie crust to the surprise berry centre, it?s the best three bite dessert your hips will ever thank you for. It?s worth investing in mini cheesecake pans, if you add this one to your repertoire.
Directions for: Mini White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecakes
oz (150g) butter cookies, or shortbread (about 40 cookies)
cup (50 mL) melted butter
pkg (375g) cream cheese, cut into cubes
cup (75 mL) sugar
tsp (5 mL) vanilla
oz (60g) good quality white chocolate, melted
pint blackberries or raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 Celsius).
2. In bowl of food processor pulse cookies till fine. Add melted butter and pulse to combine. Place 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) of cookie crumbs in each mini cheesecake tin and tap down with a small spoon. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla and white chocolate.
2. Ladle a small amount of the cream cheese mixture in each tin and place a berry in the centre. Top with remaining mixture filling to the top.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until puffed and set.
4. Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes and remove from tin. Let cool completely on a tray (centers will cave in slightly.) Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.