5 oz (150g) butter cookies, or shortbread (about 40 cookies)
¼ cup (50 mL) melted butter
1 ½ pkg (375g) cream cheese, cut into cubes
⅓ cup (75 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
2 oz (60g) good quality white chocolate, melted
½ pint blackberries or raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 Celsius).
2. In bowl of food processor pulse cookies till fine. Add melted butter and pulse to combine. Place 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) of cookie crumbs in each mini cheesecake tin and tap down with a small spoon. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in vanilla and white chocolate.
2. Ladle a small amount of the cream cheese mixture in each tin and place a berry in the centre. Top with remaining mixture filling to the top.
3. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until puffed and set.
4. Let cool on a rack for 20 minutes and remove from tin. Let cool completely on a tray (centers will cave in slightly.) Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
5. Garnish with fresh berries.