- serves 0
No one really knows why this delicious treat is called monkey bread, but we do know it is amazing!
4 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cup milk
¼ cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp instant yeast
4 cup flour
2 tsp saltFor rolling
1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cinnamon
½ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 200°F. Lightly oil a large bundt pan or other baking pan.
2. In the bowl of a stand-up mixer fitted with dough hook attachment, add the melted butter, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and yeast. Mix for a few minutes and then add the flour and salt. Mix until the dough comes together in a shiny mass, and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Put the dough into a large oiled bowl, cover with a towel, turn off the oven and place the dough in the preheated warm oven to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
4. When the dough has risen, take it out of the oven. Pour the melted butter into a small bowl. Put the sugar and cinnamon into a second bowl and whisk well to combine.
5. Punch down the dough to knock the air out of it and then form and roll small balls in your hand or on the counter. Dip them first in the melted butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar and layer them into the bundt pan or other baking pan.
6. Put the pan into the oven to rise for a second time, for about 45 minutes, until the dough balls reach the top of the pan and double once again. Remove from the oven and increase the heat to 350°. Once hot, place the pan back into the oven and bake for 40 minutes.For rolling