Monkfish In Crazy Water
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 12
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ pounds monkfish, cleaned and cut into 2 inch chunks
2 shallot, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 Thai chili, finely, chopped
¼ cup pancetta, chopped
1 large tomato, diced
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¾ cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken, stock
salt, to taste
cracked black pepper, to taste
oil, extra virgin, olive, for drizzling
fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. In a large deep skillet, heat half of the olive oil.
2. Brown fish for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden.
3. Remove fish from skillet and reserve.
4. Add remaining olive oil to same pan and sauté shallots for 2 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the garlic, chilies and pancetta.
6. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until pancetta and garlic are golden.
7. Put the fish back in the pan and add remaining ingredients, except drizzling oil, and bring to a boil.
8. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is tender.
9. Serve fish into shallow bowls. Pour poaching liquid over top.
10. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.