Monkfish In Crazy Water
- prep time 1 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 12
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 ½ lb(s) monkfish, cleaned and cut into 2 inch chunks
2 shallot, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 Thai chili, finely, chopped
¼ cup pancetta, chopped
1 large tomato, diced
6 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
¾ cup dry white wine
2 cup chicken, stock
1. In a large deep skillet, heat half of the olive oil.
2. Brown fish for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden.
3. Remove fish from skillet and reserve.
4. Add remaining olive oil to same pan and sauté shallots for 2 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the garlic, chilies and pancetta.
6. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until pancetta and garlic are golden.
7. Put the fish back in the pan and add remaining ingredients, except drizzling oil, and bring to a boil.
8. Simmer uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is tender.
9. Serve fish into shallow bowls. Pour poaching liquid over top.
10. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.