Moroccan Chicken with Couscous
- prep time 1 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
½ cup orange, juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp liquid honey
¾ tsp ground cumin
¾ tsp coriander
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp dried mint
½ tsp pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken, breasts
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
¼ cup diced dried apricot
1 cup couscous
1 4 oz zucchini, shredded
1. In small bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of the orange juice, 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the oil, honey, cumin, coriander, 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) of the salt, cinnamon, paprika, mint and half of the pepper.
2. Place chicken on broiler pan or foil-lined baking sheet; brush 1 side with half of the spice mixture.
3. Broil chicken, turning halfway through and brushing with remaining spice mixture, for about 15 minutes or until glazed and no longer pink inside.
4. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook garlic, onion and remaining salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
5. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water, remaining orange juice and apricots; bring to boil.
6. Stir in couscous and zucchini; cover and remove from heat.
7. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with fork.
8. Serve with chicken.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site