Muesli Crepe Sandwich Filled with Fruit and Cream Cheese
- prep time 10 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
1 Tbsp sugar
½ tsp vanilla
¾ cup milk
2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
¾ cup flour
½ cup muesli
¼ lb. Canadian Cream Cheese, softened
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp honey, maple syrup or sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground cardamom (optional)
1 3/10 cup fresh or frozen fruit, defrosted
1. In a bowl, beat eggs with sugar and vanilla. Stir in milk then butter.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour and muesli. Make a well in centre and pour in egg mixture. Stir until smooth.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat melt a little butter. Pour in 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter at a time, to make 8 to 10 small crêpes. Spread batter, if necessary, using back of a spoon. Cook for about 2 minutes per side or until crêpes are golden.
4. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat Cream Cheese with milk. Add honey and spices until well blended. Fold fruit into Cream Cheese mixture.
5. On each serving plate, place a crêpe, fill with Cream Cheese and fruit mixture, top with a second crêpe and garnish with a little more Cream Cheese and fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
See more: Dairy Farmers of Canada
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site