Mushroom and Pancetta Sauce with Chicken
- serves 0
¼ cup chopped pancetta
1 handful of roughly chopped mixed mushrooms (use your favorites!)
1 cup chicken stock
1 generous nub of butter
Salt and cracked pepper
1. Sear chicken in a pan until brown on both sides, remove from pan and cook through in a 350 degree oven.
2. In the same pan at a medium–high heat add ¼ cup of chopped pancetta and a handful of roughly chopped mushrooms and lightly toss.
3. Deglaze pan with 1 cup of chicken stock and lightly toss.
4. Reduce heat to a medium low and add salt and pepper.
5. Let simmer for 3 minutes to let the liquid reduce and thicken.
6. Add a generous nub of butter and stir until melted.
7. Place your chicken on a plate, and pour the sauce right on top, making sure to get a nice helping of mushrooms and pancetta.