Mushroom Duxelle Crusted Pickerel with Sweet Pea Risotto
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
Delicious pickerel topped with a mushroom duxelle, complimented perfectly with a rich sweet pea risotto.
Lynn Crawford Pitchin' In
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 shallots, thinly sliced
3 cup assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and finely chopped
¼ cup white wine
2 tsp thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 pickerel fillets (each 6 oz), skinned
salt and pepperSweet Pea Risotto
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cup Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 ½ cup sweet peas, frozen and thawed
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft. Stir in mushrooms and simmer for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the mushrooms to cook down while their moisture evaporates. Add white wine, thyme and salt. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. To cook the fish, season the fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Spread about 4 tablespoons of the mushroom duxelle, evenly onto the top of each fillet.
3. Place the fish on a baking tray and cook in the oven for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked all the way through.Sweet Pea Risotto
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir until coated. Add the wine and stir until all the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup of the broth and cook until absorbed, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining broth ½ cup at a time, waiting until each portion is absorbed before adding the next. Continue until the rice is cooked al dente, about 35 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, puree 2 cups of peas in a blender or food processor. Stir the peas into the rice until fully incorporated, then fold in remaining whole peas.
2. To serve spoon the risotto onto a plate and top with mushroom duxelle crusted pickerel.