Mussel-Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
1 pound fresh cultured blue mussels, cooked and shucked
12 large large mushroom caps
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon bacon bits
1 tablespoon crushed bacon
1. Rinse fresh blue mussels in tap water.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 C).
3. Dip mussels in mixture of melted butter, lemon juice and salt.
4. Place one mussel in each mushroom cap. Place in a lightly greased baking pan; pour remaining butter and lemon juice mixture over the mussels and mushroom caps.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.