- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 2
24 fresh cultured blue mussels
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons white onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons red wine
1 ¾ cups tomatoes, crushed
1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 small bay leaf
1 pinch salt and pepper
1. Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions are transparent.
2. Add tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
3. Add half the wine, reduce, then add remaining wine, tomato, herbs and seasoning. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove bay leaf. Cover and steam mussels in small amount of water over high heat until open (5-8 minutes).
5. Pour sauce over mussels.
6. Sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions are transparent.