- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8 - 10
½ cup sugar
3/10 cup all purpose flour
1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ tsp vanilla extractSyrup
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp lemon juiceFilling
7/10 cup sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 ½ cup buttermilk
6 Tbsp lemon juice
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp lemon zest
5 to 6 nectarines, sliced
1 cup raspberries or blueberries
¼ cup clear apricot jam or apple jellyTo Assemble
1. For cake, preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9-inch springform pan by greasing and coating with sugar, shaking out excess.
2. In a metal bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, whisk eggs and sugar together until warm. Pour into a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or whip with electric beaters until thick and batter hold a ribbon when whisk is lifted.
3. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt, and with mixer on medium-slow. Add flour all at once and mix just until flour is blended.
4. Combine melted butter and vanilla and, like flour, add all at once and blend.
5. Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cake springs back when gently pressed. Allow to cool, then remove from pan.Syrup
1. For syrup, simmer sugar, water and lemon juice for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cool.Filling
1. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepot. Whisk in buttermilk and lemon juice. Whisk in egg yolk.
2. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until thickened, about 7 to 9 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, strain and stir in butter and lemon zest.
4. Cover surface of filling with plastic wrap and chill completely before using.To Assemble
1. To assemble, brush flan cake with syrup. Whisk filling to smooth out, then spread over flan. Arrange nectarine slices over filling and dot with berries. Melt jam or jelly in microwave (or in a saucepot over low heat) and brush over fruit to make it glisten!
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site