No Time for Quiche, Quiche with Greek Salad
- prep time 15 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 4
2 tablespoons butter
⅓ cup onion (1/4 of an onion)
large eggs (whites first)
¼ cup 10% cream
¾ cup 1% milk
½ cup Bisquick
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
½ cup broccoli florets (or any other green veggie you have on hand)
4 mushrooms (optional)
1 cup cleaned cooked shrimp (optional)
¼ cup gruyere cheese
¼ cup mozzarella cheese, part skim
½ cup cheddar cheese, low fatDressing
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped garlic (in a jar)
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
3 Roma tomatoes
1 English cucumber
¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup olives of choice (optional)
1 large red leaf lettuce (optional)To Prepare:
1. Preheat oven 375° F.
2. Melt butter in a large nonstick fry pan over medium heat. Finely chop onion and add to pan as you chop. Sauté until just translucent, then remove from heat.
3. Whisk egg whites until frothy in a mixing bowl.
4. Add yolks, cream, milk, Bisquick and pepper.
5. Whisk together until well blended.
6. Add butter and onion from fry pan into egg mixture and stir until well combined.
7. Spray a 9” pie plate (glass is best) with cooking spray. Pour egg mixture into pie plate.
8. Chop broccoli, into small bite size pieces and sprinkle over egg mixture in pie plate. Slice mushrooms, shrimp, or whatever you like and add to quiche.
9. Grate cheeses and sprinkle over egg mixture.
10. Bake in hot oven. Set timer for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and inserted knife comes clean. Combine seasoning, oil, lemon juice, vinegar and garlic in a measuring cup.
11. Whisk and set aside.
12. Slice peppers into chunks adding to a salad bowl as you cut.
13. Slice onion into strips and tomatoes into chunks and add.
14. Slice cucumber into chunks and add.
15. Add feta and olives.
16. Whisk dressing once more and toss over salad to completely coat veggies and set aside in fridge
17. When timer rings for quiche, remove from oven.
18. Lay a few pieces of red lettuce onto serving plates, fringe- side out. Scoop some Greek salad on top and serve the quiche on the side.