Nori Crusted Salmon
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
2 nori sheets, toasted
1 tsp paprika
1 ½ Tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 Tbsp butter
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Thai chili, sliced
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp butter
4 5-6 oz salmon fillets, skin removed
1. In a mortar and pestle, break up nori sheets.
2. Add paprika, sesame seeds, black peppercorns and salt, grind.
3. In a small sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add shallots and garlic.
5. Sauté over medium heat for 1 minute until shallots and garlic soften and turn slightly brown.
6. Add chili and nori spice mixture.
7. Stir for 1-2 minutes to toast, remove from heat.Salmon
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat oil and butter in a sauté pan.
3. Season fillets with salt on all sides.
4. Sear salmon skin side up.
5. Turn and sear on other side, approximately 2 minutes.
6. Transfer salmon fillets to baking dish, skin side down and pat Nori Crust on top of fillets.
7. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site