Norwegian Cheddar Pancakes with Warm Honey Butter
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
1 package (200 g) Black Diamond Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 ½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons (10 mL) sugar
¾ teaspoon (3 mL) baking powder
¾ teaspoon (3 mL) baking soda
½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
¾ cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
¾ cup (175 mL) Beatrice Milk
¼ cup (50 mL) Lactantia Salted Butter, melted
1. Shred three-quarters of the cheese; dice remaining quarter and set all aside.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in yogurt, milk and butter.
5. Add yogurt mixture all at once to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick).
6. For each pancake spread 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) batter in hot, lightly greased frypan.
7. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear in the surface.
8. Turn and brown underside.
9. Pour Warm Honey Butter over each serving and garnish with diced cheese.
10. WARM HONEY BUTTER: Combine 3/4 cup (175 mL) honey and 1/2 cup (125 mL) Lactantia Salted Butter in small saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is hot. Makes about 1 1/4 cups (300 mL).