Norwegian Cheddar Pancakes with Warm Honey Butter
- serves 0
Bring the tastes of Norway to your kitchen with this cheddar pancake recipe.
Courtesy of Black Diamond
1 pkg (200 g) Black Diamond Medium Cheddar Cheese
1 ½ cup (375 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
¾ tsp (3 mL) baking powder
¾ tsp (3 mL) baking soda
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
¾ cup (175 mL) plain yogurt
¾ cup (175 mL) Beatrice Milk
¼ cup (50 mL) Lactantia Salted Butter, melted
1. Shred three-quarters of the cheese; dice remaining quarter and set all aside.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in yogurt, milk and butter.
5. Add yogurt mixture all at once to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick).
6. For each pancake spread 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) batter in hot, lightly greased frypan.
7. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear in the surface.
8. Turn and brown underside.
9. Pour Warm Honey Butter over each serving and garnish with diced cheese.
WARM HONEY BUTTER: