Octopus and Potato Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
An easy recipe for a twist on classic potato salad - just add chopped octopus and olives!
2 lb. (900g) octopus, cut into pieces
2 large potatoes
1 cup black olives
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper
1. Rinse octopus well under cold water. Clean the sac making sure to get rid of any grit. Then flip it over and look for the beak, which is the dark colored, hard, crusty shell-like bit. Scoop it out with a paring knife and add to pot of water covering the octopus.
2. When the water comes to a boil lower the heat to a medium high and let it continue to cook for about forty minutes total, or until fork tender.
3. Drain and let it cool. Cut it into bite-sized pieces.
4. Peel and cut up your potatoes and boil in another pot until tender.
5. Season the octopus and potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Add parsley and black olives to finish.