Old Fashioned Beef and Tomato Hash with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
4 large large potatoes (or extra to freeze for Shepherd’s Pie another week)
2 lb. or 900 g extra lean ground beef
2 Tbsp onion flakes
1 can stewed tomatoes (19 oz or 540 mL)
1 tsp dried dill
1 cup frozen corn (I like the Peaches and Cream)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning
1 lb. or 450 g broccoli florets
1 Tbsp butter
¼ cup cup 1% milk
Mrs. Dash Table Blend
1. Scrub potatoes and peel if you must.
2. Slice potatoes into four pieces and cover with cold water in a large stove-top pot.
3. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender.
4. Brown beef in a large stove top pot at med-high heat.
5. When beef is no longer pink, add onion flakes, tomatoes with juice, corn and spice.
6. Stir to combine.
7. Reduce heat to a simmer stirring occasionally.
8. Rinse broccoli in a colander.
9. Place in microwave safe pot with lid.
10. Add 2 Tbsp water, cover and microwave at high 4 minutes.
11. When potatoes are cooked, drain in a colander and return to pot.
12. Add butter, milk and spice.
13. Whip until smooth, using a hand masher or electric beaters.
14. When dinner is just about ready to serve, re-heat broccoli for one more minute.
15. Add butter if you must.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site