Olive Branch Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Chili and Olive Ragout
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
1 trimmed beef tenderloin roast, tied (3 1/2 - 4 pounds)
1 bunch of watercressOlive Oil Mashed Potatoes
2 pounds large Russet potatoes
1 tablespoon salt
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olives, pitted and finely choppedRoasted Chili and Olive Ragout
1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded medium diced
1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded, medium diced
1 poblano, roasted, peeled, seeded, medium diced
2 jalapeno, roasted, peeled, seeded, finely diced
½ cup olives, pitted and finely chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon parsley
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the beef tenderloin in smoker using olive branches. Smoke for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Pat beef dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a roasting pan over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then brown beef well on all sides, about 10 minutes. Put roasting pan with beef in middle of oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted diagonally 2 inches into center registers 130F for medium-rare, about 30 minutes.
4. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
5. To plate, first place the olive oil mashed potatoes, then lean 2 slices of the beef tenderloin, a large spoonful of the roasted chili and olive ragout. Garnish with watercress.Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
1. Peel and quarter potatoes. Put potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt in a 3-quart pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, covered with lid, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes in a colander and return to pot. Add olive oil, olives and season with salt and pepper. mash with a potato masher until smooth.Roasted Chili and Olive Ragout
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a sauté pan. Add the red onions, stirring occasionally. Cook for 6 minutes, until the onions are golden brown. Remove from the heat; add the rest of the olive oil and all the roasted peppers, olives, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.