Orange and Grapefruit Salad with a Twist
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
¼ honeydew melon, peeled
2 pink grapefruits
2 white grapefruits
Grated zest from 1/2 lime
1 Tbsp sugar (optional) (15 ml)
Mint leaves, for decorating
1. With a peeler, make melon shavings. Cut into halves as needed. Set aside.
2. Peel the grapefruits and oranges to bare the flesh. To do this, cut the fruit at both ends. Place the fruit on a board. Cut the peel as closely as possible to the flesh. The white membrane must be completely removed. Slide the blade of a knife between each of the membranes so as to lift the supremes. Work over a bowl to collect all the juice.
3. Put the citrus fruit in a bowl. Add the melon, the zest and the sugar. Stir carefully. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Separate into 6 stem glasses. Decorate with mint leaves.
5. Variation for adults: Finely chopped mint can be added to the salad.