Orange Spice Pumpkin Seeds
- prep time15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
These flavour-infused pumpkin seeds are a great harvest-time snack. Not only are they fun and easy to make, but they are super healthy too!
1 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted in shell
2 tsp orange juice (fresh squeezed)
1 orange zest
2 tsp honey
1 pinch nutmeg
1 pinch allspice
¼ tsp tamari sauce or soy sauce
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Lay clean, dry pumpkin seeds flat on baking sheet and drizzle with cooking oil of your choice. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds with a coarse salt.
2. Bake the seeds at 350F for 5-10 minutes, or until the seeds have just started to brown.
3. Remove the seeds from the oven and let sit to cool.
4. In a bowl, combine the ingredients (minus the cooking oil and salt). Add toasted pumpkin seeds to bowl and toss to coat.
5. Put coated pumpkin seeds back in oven and continue to bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!