Orzo Risotto with Roasted Vegetables
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves NULL
Recipe Courtsey of: Chef Steve Wilson, The Local Company, www.localco.ca
1 cup carrots, cut in 1” dice
1 cup parsnips, cut in 1” dice
1 cup celeriac, cut in 1” dice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp vegetable oilFor the Risotto
2 Tbsp butter
1 small onion
2 cup cooked orzo pasta
1 cup water
¼ cup parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp cold butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the diced vegetables with the thyme and vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper, tossing well to coat thoroughly with the oil.
2. Transfer to a roasting pan and cook until softened, well browned and fragrant. Remove from the oven and set aside.
3. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are well-browned, but not burnt.
4. Add the roasted vegetables, the orzo and the water and increase heat to high. Cook, stirring often, until the water has almost completely evaporated.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the cheese and butter and stir until both have melted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve, with a dusting of parmesan over each portion.