Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 Free range, organic chicken breasts, bones removed, skin intact
4 Sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped fine
3 Sprigs fresh rosemary, stemmed and chopped fine
4 Leaves fresh sage, chopped fine
1 lemon juice
4 Tbsp Organic extra virgin olive oil
Unrefined sea salt to taste
Fresh black pepper to taste
1. Place chicken breasts in a bowl, leaving enough room to stir them. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well, coating the chicken breasts completely. Allow to marinate in the fridge for an hour or two.
2. When ready to cook, pull breasts from the fridge and arrange on a tray skin-side up. Rub another pinch of unrefined sea salt on the skin.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Heat a cast iron pan on the stove on medium-high heat (if you don't have a cast iron pan you can use a different pan with a metal handle - it needs to go into the oven so it cannot have any plastic parts). Once hot, place chicken breasts in the pan skin-side down (if using a stainless steal pan instead of cast iron you will need to add oil before putting in the chicken or it will stick). Leave chicken breasts to brown in the pan for 3 minutes without moving them.
5. Transfer pan to oven. Allow breasts to roast until done (cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts); about 20 minutes. Doneness can be determined by piercing the chicken and seeing the the juices that run are clear rather than bloody.
6. Remove pan from the oven and serve, skin-side up. Enjoy.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site